Thursday 20 November 2014

THE BUDGET LiP PENCiL



Maybelline-Velvet-Lip-Pencil-Review

You might have heard by now about the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil. It has been making quiet a buzz in the beauty world. Many are claiming that it is the dupe of the Nars Satin and Matte Lip Pencils in which I totally adore. Perhaps some can relate to me that if a lip pencil will be as good as the Nars one for a fraction of the price, it does makes you excited.


Maybelline-Velvet-Lip-Pencil-Swatches
Top to Bottom: 420 In With Coral, 510 Red Essential, 140 Minimalist
The Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil is packaged in a colour block. The top end is a glossy black with base resembling the colour of the lip pencil. I really love packaging which shows the colour of their product as it saves a lot of aggro especially when you are in a rush. It is shorter than the Nars Lip Pencil but it is chubbier in width. I still cannot decide if whether I love the packaging or not. I seem to have a love and hate relationship with it. One minute I love it, the other minute I don't. Typical female in here and we shouldn't judge a book by its cover. A big irony coming from someone who loves beautiful packaging. When applied, the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil is not as creamy as the Nars one. It can tug on the lips and for a person with dry lips like me, a lip balm before hand is essential. It lacks creaminess to it. However when it is already on the lips, it is light and doesn't dry the lips which is really good. The pigmentation of the lip pencils is top mark and will really last for a long time. The finish is more satin than velvet. I really can't say it's matte or velvet as it has quiet a gloss to the finish. Nevertheless, I love the finish. It stays for more that 3 hours before starting to fade. It is good as a lip colour on its own or to be used as a lip liner. It also has a wide range of colour from nude, to pink, to peaches, to red, to plums. You can definitely choose a shade of your liking and preference. The colours that I got are Minimalist (a pink nude shade that is perfect for everyday wear), In With Coral (a gorgeous peachy pinky shade), and Red Essential (a bright red shade).

Maybelline-Velvet-Lip-Pencil

Overall, I cannot really say that the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil is a dupe for the Nars Lip Pencils. However, considering its price and its other good qualities, it is a good product worth trying for. Till next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07


14 comments:

  1. I have these to try, I picked up a few colours as I am indecisive however I didn't even know people had claimed it to be a NARS dupe, doesn't sound like a very good alternative though HOWEVER I love matte lip looks, even though my lips do get dry so I am excited to try now xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good lip pencil but not exactly a Nars duoe in my opinion. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have never tried the NARS versions so I really can't compare but I really like the berry shade I picked up. For my dry lips this feels super comfortable and now I want to get my hands on Minimalist, it looks gorgeous here x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have couple of shades of those lip pencil and I find them very comfortable on my lips and they last quite long time too. In with Coral looks absolutely gorgeous, I will be picking it up when I've had enough of the berry shades that I'm obsessed with right now ;)
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner
    Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really comfortable on the lips. It's the application that only worries me as it tends to drag my lips but when it's on, it is very light and lovely. Xx

      Delete
  4. Everyone seems to be blogging about these! I need to pick some up on my next shopping trip x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should and it's 3for2 in Boots atm. Xx

      Delete
  5. I keep seeing these everywhere. I think I need to pick up some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go give these a swatch, they look stunning!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! Budget lip liners always scare me a little because I'm afraid they'll bleed throughout the day and end up around my nose, on my chin, in my eyebrows... you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clearly got the idea! I horrifically suffered from that incident before. Haha

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...