Friday 28 November 2014

MY ANTi-BAD SKiN ARSENAL


During the time of the month when my hormones are rampant, bad skin days are to be expected. It is a vicious cycle and I want to scream with frustration at time. As time goes by and after so many trials, I manage to develop a small arsenal to combat pesky breakouts. These products have been successful in keeping breakouts at bay even at that time of the month. A small disclaimer as with all my previous skincare posts, this routine works for me but may not work for you. I believe that skincare is a very personalised routine and varies from person to person but I hope that the products that I will mention will be able to help especially if you are prone to breakouts. I have been using these products for quiet a long time so I can really say that it has been properly tried and tested.


UNA BRENNAN TEA FLOWER DEEP CLEAN PURiFYiNG CLEANSiNG WASH- That is seriously long for a product name but it is also seriously good. It comes out as a clear gel and smells fresh and soothing. It has Salicylic Acid which is know to help prevent breakouts. It also has Elderflower extracts which is also known as a natural antiseptic. Although this facial wash has Salicylic Acid, I don't find it irritating or harsh to the skin. It is very light and refreshing to use. It smells fresh and calming to the senses. This one is the latest addition to my anti-breakout arsenal. I have been using these for over two months.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE CLEARiNG LOTiON- I had mention it in the past that this has been my skin saviour. When I started using this, I can't believe how my skin calm down. I don't have regular breakouts but I occasionally have one during that special time of the month. I also some under the skin bumps every now and then. This wonder product has helped me reduced these skin problems and has been a true skin saviour.



AESOP PARSLEY SEED CLEANSiNG MASK- This mask has truly made wonders with my skin. When I first used this, I was quiet doubtful with how well this product works. After first use, it truly proves how good it is. My skin looks so clear and free from impurities. I have never seen my skin as clear as its current state. It does make your skin tight when the mask dries up but aftet removing the mask, you will be amaze of how good your skin looks. This is a product that really lives to its hype.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE FACE MASK- Another Body Shop gem that is often overlook. This is like a cherry on top of my arsenal. I look like The Mask when I use this and often teased by the boyfriend. However, I do believe that it really helps in keeping those pesky breakouts at bay. You can expect some tingling sensation when you use this mask due to the tea tree ingredient but nothing to harsh from my own experience.

FOREO LUNA MiNi- This is like an added extra. A skin saviour and it also promotes good circulation through its pulsing sensation. The Foreo Luna Mini is very hygienic to use as it has a nonporous surface which inhibits bacteria growth. It is also very gentle to the skin when used. I did a full review of the Foreo Luna Mini in which you can find here.

So these are my anti-breakout arsenal. Do you have any products that you can recommend to prevent breakouts? Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

12 comments:

  1. I love Una Brennan products as they are affordable and is really good on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Una Brennan skincare products are just on-point. Xx

      Delete
  2. I get the odd spots here and there which re always quite tiny but still annoying. I've been using the Effeclar Duo+ since the summer and I think it really helps. I like the routine you have in place, the Foreo Luna Mini looks so cool x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Effaclar Duo seems to hate me. I think I am one of the unlucky ones. Xx

      Delete
  3. Aesop products are just on-point. I never tried any of their products that disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I always love Aesop products. I just wish they come in a more affordable price. Xx

      Delete
  4. The foreo luna mini looks so intriguing especially as I am paranoid about bacteria spreading from my face brushes I will have to check it out xxx



    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a Clarisonic girl but I am now converted to Foreo. Xx

      Delete
  5. The body shop Tea Tree Set,definitely been lusting over this, cross my fingers that I might get this from Santa hahaha.

    bit.ly/StaycuteStayYou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Tea Tree range is really good and worth a try. Xx

      Delete
  6. I don't suffer with many breakouts but they do happen around that time of the month and I use either tea tree oil or sudocream to help them vanish and I use once a week a deep cleansing mask to keep those unwelcomed guests at bay :)

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner
    Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep cleansing masks are awesome and a skincare must-have. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...