Tuesday 2 December 2014

CHEEKY WiTH THE BALM

The-Balm-Blushes-Review

Since I used the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, I became so obsessed with the brand. Of course the brand is more coveatable in the past as you cannot easily get hold of their products easily in the UK. Like thousands of make-up lovers, I am so glad that the tide has now change and the Balm's products are now easily available in our side of the planet. I will be sharing with you today my top picks from the brand's blushes plus a bit of something extra.

Frat Boy- This is my second purchase from The Balm after the Mary-Lou Manizer. It is the perfect peachy pink blushes available in the market. I am completely smitten with it the first time that I saw it. It has very small almost unnoticeable glitters whilst on pan but once on the cheeks, the glitters transform to a very nice hint of sheen. The consistency of the blush is very soft. When applied, it looks very natural on the cheeks and doesn't look powdery. It gives a natural flush on the cheeks. You can sheer it out or build it up according to your skintone and preferences. Staying power is awesome as this Frat Boy will last for more than 6 hours of use. The Frat Boy can be use as an eyeshadow or blusher but I mainly use it as a blush.

The-Balm-Blushes

Hot Mama- This blush is like a twin sister of Nars Orgasm. It is considered by many to be a dupe of the infamous Orgasm blush. It is a warm peachy blush with hints of gold shimmers running through it. It has a nice consistency and like the Frat Boy, it can be sheered or built up according to your preferences. I prefer Hot Mama more on the winter as it gives the right amount of flush and dewiness to my cheeks. It can be also used as an eyeshadow.

Bahama Mama- I am not really a big fan of bronzers and if you have been reading my blog for quiet a while, you might have noticed that I rarely talked about bronzers. Bronzers doesn't really do my skintone any good or I just don't know how to apply it properly. However, I don't see Bahama Mama as a bronzer. I feel that it is more of a contouring powder. It has a grey undertones to it that makes it very suitable for contouring. It creates a natural shadow on your face. If you are looking for a good contouring powder, Bahama Mama is for you. It is so easy to work with even for a contouring novice like myself.

The Frat Boy, Hot Mama, and Bahama Mama are packaged in a cardboard packaging. Until now, I am not the biggest fan of cardboard packaging. However, the products are of good sizes and has good size mirrors inside which is really handy. The cutesy pin-ups on the packaging is also adorable. They are all packaged in a compact manner so it is easy to carry around. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

14 comments:

  1. I am yet to try products from theBalm but they are definitely a brand I have been eyeing up for a while now. Hot Mama and Bahama Mama are gorgeous shades. I love the quirky packaging and names :D x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the brand hun. Their products impress me mostly. Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm desperate to try more from theBAlM, i'm a huge fan of their Mary Lou Manizer highlighter but that's unfortunately the only thing i've tried from the brand. Both blushes look and sound beautiful! Thanks for sharing

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Mary Lou as well. Both blushes are worth checking. Xx

      Delete
  3. I really need to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frat Boy seems to be a really gorgeous street and what I would really love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect peachy pink blush there is. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the balm and I actually love the packaging but I think that it can get tarnished and ruined quite easily which is a pain in the bum xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get your pain about the packaging. I am often wary to put the blushes in my make up bag incase I ruin it. Xx

      Delete
  6. I own two instain blushes and the cabana boy blush which is DARLING. Don't mention that you get like x2 or x3 the amount of product compared to regular drugstore brands and even some higher end ones! I really would love frat boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try Frat Boy for sooo long! I just never remind me of buying it until I come across the beauty aisle at the supermarket (how could we not end up in there, right?), I still don't know why I don't have it. I have a few eyeshadows and I hate the cardboard packaging too, even though it's quite sturdy I just hate that it can look dirty easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardboard packaging needs updating really. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...