Friday 12 December 2014

OF LiPS and BOYS

Tom-Ford-Lip-And-Boy-Collection-Review

I guess the news about Tom Ford Lip and Boy Collection almost broke the internet for the beauty fanatics. The collection consists of 50 limited edition miniature-sized lipsticks. The limited edition bit is the biggest covet-enducing words for me. The collection will launch on 25th of December but Selfridges had a one day pre-launched sale of the collection last December 1. I've got some shades from the collection although I would love to have some more.

The Tom Ford Lip and Boy Collection like mentioned earlier comes in miniature sizes. More like of a deluxe sample size. The idea beghind the clutch size lipstick is for it to fit the small handbags of ladies nowadays. The packaging resembles the full size lipsticks from the brand which is high-shine black with gold trimmings complete with the embossed TF trademark. It also has a very satisfying click when you close the lipstick. It's all about that click. The name of the shades are after a man who has made an impact, past or present, in Tom Ford's life. The lipsticks are miniatures of the infamous Tom Ford rouges so the consistency are just the same from the full-size ones.

Tom-Ford-Lip-And-Boy-Collection-Swatches
Top to Bottom: Dider, James, and Luciano
The finishes of the Tom Ford Lip and Boy Collection varies from cream, satin, and frosty ones. The 50 shades are divided into 10 colour families. The ones that I got are Dider (from the Plums) James ( from the Light Pink to Mauves), and Luciano (from the Reds). The three shades have a satin finish to it and very creamy on the lips. The collection has soja seed extract, Brazilian Murumuru butter, and Chamomilia Flower Oil that makes it hydrating and creamy in texture. Each clutch-size lipstick cost £26 which is quiet expensive. Is it worth it? The Tom Ford lipsticks (the full size and these miniature ones) are the best that I have tried so far but it in reality, the prices are not so practical for the many.

Tom-Ford-Lip-And-Boy-Collection

The Tom Ford Lip and Boy lipsticks are small but chic which are perfect for this party season and women on the go. Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

16 comments:

  1. These colours are stunning and I love the concept behind the range!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packing, it's soooo lovely!!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked some gorgeous shades! These lipsticks look so luxurious exactly how they should for the price :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! For the price, my expectations are quiet high. Xx

      Delete
  4. These are so dreamy and I am inlove.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's one tom ford lipstick everyone seems to rave about, think it's called Black Orchid so I would definitely love to get that in a miniature version. Otherwise as beautiful as they are I just couldn't afford to get my hands on many shades. I love the ones you picked out here and the fact that they are mini sizes are super cute x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The size are perfect for this party season. Xx

      Delete
  6. OMG MINIS?! I totally LOVE Dider! I love deep hot pinks like that! I really must put one down on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah man this is the worst news I have been avoiding Tom Ford lipsticks knowing full well I have no willpower & they are pricey but knowing there will be cheaper smaller versions is dangerous for my bank account ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be prepared for the 26th of December hun. Xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh these look nice, but a little pricey for me.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...