Friday 26 December 2014

HOW 'BOUT THEM APPLES?

The-Balm-How-Bout-Them-Apples-Review

As the cold weather is here, most days are grey and wet. Little perk me up always brighten up my day. You know, those beautiful things that makes the cold days more bearable. The Balm has some really good products and despite my issues with their packaging, you can't deny that the brand has some really good products.

My latest The Balm obsession is the How 'Bout Them Apples? Cheek and Lip Cream Palette. *phew! That's a mouthful for a product name* Despite that it has a cardboard packaging, it does actually feel really sturdy and I quiet like it. It has a big mirror which is really good. My whole face can fit in the mirror which is handy when travelling. The palette has six good-size blusher which can be use as lip tint as well. I will give you a quick but hopefully helpful rundown on my thoughts for the six shades.

The-Balm-How-Bout-Them-Apples

Cider- It is light peachy-pinky shade and comes sheer when applied. You can only hardly build up the colour so it stays as nice, sheer tint on the cheeks. I use it more on the cheeks and stays for more than five hours.

Cobbler- It is a bright-red shade. It is quite scary on the pan but it can be sheered out. It like it sheer on the cheeks and bold on the lips. The staying power is also good like Cider. As a lip tint, it feels hydrating on the lips.

Pie- Pie is a bright pink shade with a reddish undertone. It is very nice on the cheeks and looks like you have a healthy flush on the cheeks. It can be buildable to an almost opaque colour payoff.

Crisp- It is a warm-toned coral with gold flickers running through it. It reminds me of The Balm's Hot Mama although it is a shade or two lighter. It is one of my personal favourite in the palette. It is so pretty on the cheeks. I use it more as a blusher as it can be quite drying on the lips.

Candy- Another personal favourite of mine. It is a blue-toned Barbie pink shade. It has a good colour payoff and great as a blusher and as a lip tint.

Caramel- It is a pink brown shade. It is one of those shades that you can use to warm up your complexion like the Tarte Exposed just in a cream form. It looks good on the cheeks and as well on the lips. It looks so elegant when used. 

So these are my thought about The Balm's How 'Bout Them Apples Palette. It is a really good palette and worth having for. Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

24 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your photography x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette looks gorgeous and I am really into cream blushers at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this palette then. You will surely love it. Xx

      Delete
  3. This palette is gorgeous! I got a sample of Pie in a BirchBox and I love it :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love their unique packaging, I feel like even though it's cardboard it's always sturdy! I've never tried lip and cheek products, I hope I can find this in a local drugstore cause my cheeks really need cream blush at the moment! x

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will surely love this palette Siham! Xx

      Delete
  5. Aww its packaging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried the Balm but I really like the vintage style packaging and the colors in this set are really lovely.


    rae of love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their vintage style pin-ups packaging are so quirky and cute. Xx

      Delete
  7. How cute! These look so pretty!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea this palette even existed but it looks amazing! I love how quirky it looks and the shades are all gorgeous! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice surprise and a very gorgeous palette. Xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Agreed! And the price is not bad either. Xx

      Delete
  10. I adore the balm! Their products are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I am inlove with most of their products. Xx

      Delete
  11. I received a sample of this in a Birchbox last year. I got the shade Pie and I love it, it's such an easy product to use and Pie is a lovely shade. I'd love the full set but I believe it's a little pricey. I might treat myself this year x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should treat yourself hun. I am sure that you would love the palette. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...