Monday 8 December 2014

FESTiVE HOLiDAY NAiLS

Festive-Nails

So you must be gasping at all the Chirstmas-y post that is flooding your timeline nowadays and here I am to join the bandwagon. I am so sorry. I am a big fan of Christmas and it never fails to excite me. No matter how busy I am, I always try to be in a festive mood. Anyway, I shall stifle my long waffling about how much I love Christmas and let's get back to the point. I will be sharing with you today my top five red/berry/plummy festive nails. I think that red nails is most appropriate during this time of the year.

Topshop Daredevil- I got this on the sale last spring and I have been waiting with a baited breath to rock this nail polish. It is a dark berry shade with very small glitters running through it. The glitters are almost unnoticeable once on the nails. The glitters just add more depth and edge on the nail polish. The nail polish is very opaque and two coats are perfect for your festive nails.

Essie Shearling Darling- This is part of Essie Winter Collection 2013. It is a vampy dark red creme and is perfect for daily use as it has no glitters or whatsoever. I love how it stands out in your nails. This also need two coats to a good finish.

Essie Toggle To The Top- This also comes from the Essie Winter Collection 2013. This is the perfect party nails for me. It is a dark raspberry with jelly texture and red glitters on it. It gives a gorgeous shade and looks really luxurious. The formula is easy to apply and very opaque.

Festive-Nail-Swatches

Clinique Black Honey- The mother of all vampy nails. It has a blackened red shade that almost look black but with a hint of red. It is so chic on the nails. This nail polish is formulated for sensitive skin. If you are quiet intimidated with wearing red but is alright with noir nail polishes, this one is for you.

Orly Naughty- I don't remember where I got it from. If I am not mistaken, I got it free from one of the magazines this year. It is almost the same as Black Honey but just a shade or two lighter. It is like a dark cherry shade. The formula is easy to work with but take ages to dry. A quick dry top coat would be really helpful.

So these are my top choice for festive nails. Do you own any of this nail polishes? Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

24 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty! I love Essie Luxedo, it's the perfect shade for this time of year!
    ELRBX.COM x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get that shade. Luxedo is so gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the two mini Essie nail polishes from the winter set and I'm currently wearing the berry one with sparkles :D! Clinique Black Honey sounds amazing too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toggle To the Top is so gorgeous. I will be wearing it on all Christmas parties this year. Xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colours - perfect for the Christmas season :) They all look and sound lovely! x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I so want Toggle to the Top! It looks like the perfect sparkly red for the festive season! xo

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! You need to get one if you can find one. Xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely nail polish picks! I'm really liking the look of Topshop Daredevil—I tend to prefer cool-toned reds, and this one looks like a really beauty cool-toned burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daredevil is really beautiful. It will suit any skintone as well. Xx

      Delete
  6. Loving your Festive nail picks! I love deep reds & plums and they're perfect for Winter & Christmas. The Topshop & Orly ones look beautiful
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! I love deep berry nails most esp this time of the year. Xx

      Delete
  7. The topshop polish looks so pretty and makes me want to try their beauty products even more now, I love how you've done the photo too very pretty and pinterestable ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorge! Topshop Beauty section is a must-try. They have some really good products. Xx

      Delete
  8. I don't have any of those but I'm sure I have similar tones among my collection. For some reason I haven't painted my nails more than once with those tones, I need to get my red soon! :)

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to Siham! And perhaps you can make a tutorial as well as I love your nail tutorials. Xx

      Delete
  9. All of these deep reds are beyond beautiful!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could never go wrong with nail polishes ! ;)

    http://www.alanaandkyra.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving red nails at the moment. Essie has come out with some amazing sets that I'm really tempted to buy but I also love the look of that Topshop polish. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daredevil is gorgeous but then again, Essie also have some lovely deep red nail polishes. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...