Tuesday 7 July 2015

MAC BLUSH COLLECTiON

Mac-Blush-Collection

I am a serious blush fanatic and I may have own blushes that will last me a lifetime and the next. I have several blushes from different brands whether it's high street or not. Whilst looking in my blush collection, I did notice that amongst all the different brands, the one brand in which I got several blushes is MAC. The reason behind it probably is that MAC has a wide range of shades to offer and its price sits inbetween drugstore and high-end. You might find it strange that I have it in individual pan instead of a palette. To be honest, when I started buying these blushes, I didn't expect it would reach to this number although I still don't have an extensive collection. I also prefer carrying one at a time or two when I am travelling instead of hauling an entire palette. Just one of Ella's logic.

MELBA- This is my first Mac blush and I still love it as much as I first got it. It has a matte finish and has warm undertones. It is medium brown peach and it is one of those blushes that looks natural on the cheeks. As it has a brown-y tinge to it, I usually use it as a contour and blush in one go. It is also pigmented and not chalky. Melba is a permanent shade from Mac which is great as I know I can get another one easily if I run out. Melba is great if you are looking for blush that is not overpowering yet still gives that hint of colour. Mac Melba Powder Blush £18.50

FLEUR POWER- Fleur Power has a satin finish and is describe by Mac as soft coral pink. You can probably tell by now that I am a fanatic of peach-y or coral-y blushes as I find that it compliments my skintone quiet well. Fleur Power has warm undertones and I can best describe it as neutral, medium pink. As it has satin finish, it has a very subtle sheen to it which just adds a bit of glow. The sheen is almost unnoticeable to be quiet honest and the finish looks matte from afar. Mac Fleur Power Powder Blush £18.50

GiNGERLY- Probably my favourite Mac blush of all time. Gingerly has a sheertone finish which means that it can go sheer and you can built it up in which you really need with Gingerly. Gingerly is also a warmtoned blush and is neutral peach-y shade. It almost looks like Melba but Melba has more pink tinged to it. Gingerly is great for contouring whilst still giving hints of peach on the cheeks. It just looks great when you are wearing a bold lip or a serious smokey eyes and you want the rest of your face to be neutral. Mac Gingerly Powder Blush £18.50


Mac-Blush-Collection-Swatches
Taken with Natural Lights

SPRiNGSHEEN- has a sheertone shimmer finish. It has the same finish as the sheertone blushes from Mac but with very small shimmers added into it. This is very similar to Nars Orgasm which is also one of my favourite all-time blushes. Springsheen has warm undertones and is a very pretty pinky-coral shade with frosted shimmers on it. It is also a permanent shade and the shimmers are not very obvious on the skin when blend properly. Mac Springsheen Powder Blush £18.50

AT DUSK- Mac At Dusk is an Extra Dimension Blush and unfortunately a limited edition shade. It has a pearl-y finish and just looks really pretty when worn. At Dusk is pale, medium pink shade. Although it is pink, it is not overpowering and just compliments the skin. It almost looks neutral on me. The blush also has a very pretty pattern but it is obviously gone now. I am even scared to use it frequently as I might reach pan and can't get another one. It's pigmentation is good but since it is very pale on the pan, you have to built it up if your skintone leans on the medium side.

BRED FOR BEAUTY-Another limited edition shade is Bred for Beauty. It is the opposite of At Dusk as this is very bright and it looks scary on the pan. It is a bright fuchsia pink with blue undertones. It reminds me of Candy Yumyum lipstick even. This has a matte finish which is the appropriate finish for it in my opinion as it is already bright. Eventhough it is very bold on the pan, it is not as pigmented when applied which makes it good as it is very bright and I might end up looking like a clown. It starts as sheer and you can built it up according to your preferences. It needs proper blending to give a nice finish. To be honest, I am not very keen on this blush compared to other ones mentioned above.

Mac-Blush-Collection



So these are my Mac blush collection. What are your favourite Mac blushes?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07






39 comments:

  1. Oh no - now I NEED gingerly - what a gorgeous shade. This is a great post, what a lovely Mac blush collection you have. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingerly is gorgeous Jules. You need it in your stash. Xx

      Delete
  2. These are all such stunning shades! I don't own a MAC blush but I have been thinking about picking one up for awhile now. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are missing out on some very beautiful blushes hun. Xx

      Delete
  3. I have Melba, Springsheen & Fleur Power too, so now I'm thinking that I need the other 3 that you have! I love Warm Soul & Margin also xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have Warm Soul and replaced it somewhere. You just reminded me on how much I love it. Xx

      Delete
  4. Fleur Power, Melba and Springsheen are all absolutely gorgeous!! Well, actually, they're all beautiful shades but those particular ones really appeal to me!

    Fantastic post! I now need to head to mac! Haha x

    Kirsty | blessedby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, do let me know what you get. I always go in Mac with the best intention of buying only one product but always end up of buying a few. Xx

      Delete
  5. I really like MAC blushes, they don't get enough hype. Melba, gingerly and fleur power look right up my street x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac blushes are one of the best that I tried to be quiet honest and their shade range is heavenly. Xx

      Delete
  6. I actually have no MAC blushes in my collection (what kind of blogger am I you say haha) but I do plan on picking some up so it's great to see your collection. I love Melba & Fleur Power, such beautiful shades x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try some of their brushes Alina. The quality is really good. Xx

      Delete
  7. I have Melba aswell as absolutely love it. I have quite a few shades, Margin is probably my all time favourite! Xx

    Amanda - dreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try Margin. It looks amazing on the pan. Xx

      Delete
  8. These all look and sound incredible, I only own one MAC blush (Harmony) but I love the formula so I'll definitely have to pick up a few of these... Melba, Gingerly & Fleur Power all look stunning!

    Heather, PorcelainBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want a Mac blush, I don't own any! Melba is definitely top of my list now!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melba is gorgeous Danielle. I've never heard of anyone who tried Melba that don't love it. Xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous colors! :) I'm not one to wear blush a whole lot but when I find certain colors I love I like to splurge. These are very pretty xo
    www.GlossyFinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous of your collection! Fleur power is beaut. It is a shame it doesn't apply as well on the face x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur Power is actually beautiful when applied Georgia. It has a nice subtle, sheen finish and the pigmentation is really good. It also blends really well. Xx

      Delete
  12. I only have two MAC blushes, one being Gingerly! (the other Blushbaby) however Melba looks like something I'd get a lot of use out of xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love Melba Jas and it would look great on you. Xx

      Delete
  13. Thanks for posting the post! I have such a hard time figure out a shade for blush. Gingerly looks like an amazing shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gingerly is gorgeous Katherine and it is something that is easy to wear. Xx

      Delete
  14. My favourite mac blush is fleur powder, it really compliments my skin tone and my go-to lip colours!! Love your taste in blushes, very similar to my own. I really want to try melba and those limited edition shades look incredible, youre very lucky x

    Love Charlotte xxx
    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we share the same taste in blushes Charlotte! Xx

      Delete
  15. With all of the MAC products I have, I've never bought a blush. I think this needs to change, Springsheen looks lovely xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll fall inlove with their blushes Kirsty! XX

      Delete
  16. These all look so pretty! I think Melba is my fave shade x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photos you've taken of your blush collection are so beautifully presented and I love the swatches, they really provide a good idea of how they would appear on the face. Wonderful post :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a nice collection and the photos are really good! I own Fleur Power and Springsheen too and I totally agree with your description. xx

    zarameredith77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's definitely a lovely & comprehensive collection compared to mine. I only have 3 MAC blushes at the moment. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen! I really enjoy their blushes and I'm hoping to add some in the future. Xx

      Delete
  20. I have only one MAC blush , seriously though these are beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...