Monday 27 July 2015

SEASONAL SKiNCARE: SUMMER EDiT


As the weather changes, I also switch my skincare routine. For winter time, my skin is dry and sensitive whilst on warmer months, it's just plainly a combination skin and still sensitive. For this summer, I actually changes my skincare routine twice. My usual summer skincare routine is not working for this year. I ended up with a very angry and unhappy skin. I was horrified as I never had breakouts as much as I had at the end of May. I tried several products and I finally found the skincare routine that works with my skin in this temperamental weather which is scorching on one day and then raining the next.

CLEANSER- For the hot weather, my skin produces more oil than usual. My cleanser of choice is the Neal's Yard Remedies Palmarosa Facial Wash. Aside that it's packaging looks really chic in my bathroom, this deeply cleanses the skin without really stripping the oil. I also find that this helps in keeping blemishes at bay. As it doesn't strip the skin, it keeps my skin clean but leaves it healthy. I also find that it reduces the size of my pores. A truly amazing find, I must say.

TONER- I rely on the Jurlique Rose Balancing Mist* for my summer toner. It balances the oil production on my skin and keeps my skin calm and hydrated. It has a relaxing rose scent but it doesn't irritate the skin.  It also has grapefruit seed in its ingredients which provides antioxidant benefits for your skin. On really hot days during the heatwave, I spritz it on my face it refreshes my skin instantly and it feels really soothing. Put it in fridge and it feels heavenly on the skin.

SERUM- Since I got the Origins Original Skin  Renewal Serum*, it has been a permanent fixture in my skincare routine. I used to use only in the day but now I use it day and night. As it has a matte finish and absorbed easily by the skin, it doesn't alter the consistency of my make-up when used during the day. Using it day and night just made wonders to my pores. It has significantly reduced my pores and makes my skin clear with a nice healthy glow on it. I bid goodbye to dull skin since I encountered this serum.


MOiSTURiSER- I have two choices for my moisturiser. One is for daytime and the other one is for night use. For daytime use especially on very hot weather, the Bodyshop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet is the perfect choice. Like any other sorbet from the brand, when applied, the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet gives the skin an instant cooling sensation. It feels so refreshing and wonderful on the skin. It also hydrates the skin really well. For nighttime use, my moisturiser of choice is the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser. This has been my moisturiser of choice every summer. It smells fresh and zesty. It leaves my skin well-hydrated and its really noticeable when you wake up in the morning. It also leaves my skin really glowy thanks to heaps of Vitamin C in its ingredients.

MASK- The latest addition to my skincare is the Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay*. This is latest addition to the Original Skin Serum mentioned above. It comes out as a pink thick texture with small beads on it which is expected as the mask aims to purify and deep cleanse the skin and exfoliate at the same time. When applied, it looks quiet lovely on the skin as it has a baby pink colour. You only need to apply a thin layer and leave it for 10 minutes. I haven't feel any stinging sensation on the skin when I'm using this mask. You only feel a bit of tightness when the mask is on which is a natural sensation for most masks. You only need to wash the mask off afterwards. The mask left my skin deeply cleaned and soft with a glowy skin. It feels like I've been from a deep facial. The result is mindblowing. I have used this mask for three weeks already and it never irritates my skin. It instead helps my skin to calm down and leaves a healthy glow. Paired with Origins Renewal Serum, both made wonders to my skin.

I find that the less complicated my skincare, the better it works for my skin. This helps me achieve a clearer and glowy skin which I really love. What are your summer skincare essentials?



XoXO,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07





18 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try the Origins GinZing moisturiser for the longest time! That Origins mask sounds AMAZING too! x

    TR's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ginzing moisturiser and the new mask should be on your skincare arsenal hun. Both are really good products. Xx

      Delete
  2. I really need to up my skincare game! All these products sound amazing x

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an on and off relationship with skincare Abi but since I started upping my game in the skincare side, it made a huge difference to my skin. Xx

      Delete
  3. I used that mask last night for the first time whilst in the bath, my god it is SO good. I am just wearing concealer today as my skin looks absolutely fine thanks to that mask.

    Zoe Newlove Beauty Blogger & MUA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! This mask made wonders to my skin. Xx

      Delete
  4. I love so many of these products especially the Jurlique mist and Origins mask - Perfect for making my skin feel soft, cleansed and hydrated x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Lily! Origins and Jurlique are two brands that I really trust when it comes to skincare. Xx

      Delete
  5. The Ginzing moisturiser is one of my skincare staple. The new mask does sound amazing. Origins are pricey but it's worth every dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get the new mask asap hun! You need it in your life. Xx

      Delete
  6. You have a fantastic skincare regime and I feel your pain at the horror of breakouts - I had a terrible one last week on my chin (problem area)! I love your tip of putting the Jurlique balancing mist in the fridge as well, that must feel heavenly on the skin afterwards :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having problems with your skin can be so frustrating but I'm happy you found the routine that works for you :D! I need to try out that new Origins Retexturing Mask, it sounds amazing x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the new Origins mask Alina. It makes wonders to the skin! Xx

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I have to otherwise my skin will turn into a little rebel. Xx

      Delete
  9. I really don't get on with any of the body shop sorbet products at all! I love GinZing though, so lovely on my skin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame Shen. I really live the TBS sorbets. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...