Tuesday 21 July 2015

SWEAT PROOF MAKE-UP

Sweat-Proof-Make-Up

In the UK, we don't usually need sweatproof make-up as we mostly live under grey skies. However, the UK is experiencing on and off heatwave. It is so hot that I don't even know if I'm happy or I'm going to moan about it. As much as I like to go without make-up on, there are certain occasions that I need to. With trial and error, I finally found a make-up routine that sticks in my face despite the warm weather.


BASE-  If you want your base to last long for ages, the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer is the one to use. Excuse the grubby appearance as its packaging is the only downside for this primer. This prolongs all types of bases, from tinted moisturisers to foundations. It acts as a glue between your face and your base. An essential primer all year round. For a base that lasts ages without primer and setting sprays, the Clarins Everlasting Foundation is the best choice. This gives medium to full coverage and gives a velvety finish. It is almost matte but with a glow that comes from within. This foundation sticks with you for more than 10 hours despite the heat and without the help of a setting spray or a primer. This has been tested on so many occasions and it never fails me.

BLUSH- Cream blushes is always preferable in my books during summer. Aside that it looks almost natural to the skin with its dewy finish, it also lasts ages once it sets in. My current favourite is the Stila Convertible Color in Poppy. It looks quiet scary in the pan but it is actually very pretty when blended on the skin. It gives a natural, rose-y tint on the cheeks. Cream blushes are more tricky to apply but it lasts ages which always gets a thumbs up from me.

CONCEALER- For heavy duty concealing that doesn't budge, the Vichy Dermablend Stick Corrector is an affordable option and is my favourite. A tiny amount of it covers serious imperfection. It also lasts ages once it is blended. I find that it works better for pinpoint concealing. When it's blended, be assured that it still be there until you're ready to take them off.

HIGHLIGHTER- Like blushes, I prefer creamy highlighter for warmer months. It just stays longer and looks more natural. The Clinique Chubby Stick Highlight Stick is my weapon of choice. It is easy to apply, lasts ages, and gives only the right amount of highlighting. It doesn't look like you've resembled like a discoball. It is also easy to carry around and doesn't need a lot of work when applied. Easy peasy highlighting on the go.

Sweat-Proof-Make-Up-Edit


BROWS- For my brows, I only rely on one product which is the Loreal Brow Artist Plumper. This is another product that doesn't require a lot of expertise to apply. This gives a fuller brow in an instant and without a lot of fuss. This also lasts ages. This last me from the moment I apply my make-up in the morning and is still there when I'm back which is usually after 8 hours on most day. Its true test comes during the recent heatwave but it didn't budge despite some sweating (gross, I know).

EYES- For long lasting eyeshadows that doesn't budge at all, you can trust on the Kiko Eyeshadow Long Lasting Stick. This promises of 8 hour no-transfer eyeshadow and it does live to its promise. It doesn't budge at all despite the sweat and the pigmentation remains the same from the moment that you applied it. It doesn't slide down and doesn't crease as well. This is the perfect eyeshadows for me during heatwaves.

MASCARA- I rely on waterproof mascara during the heatwave as it means that I am safe from Panda eyes. My weapon of choice is the Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara. This is an old favourite of mine but it is really good. It provides volume and length plus it is waterproof. It doesn't flake, doesn't melt, and doesn't budge at all. Although, at the moment, I am testing a new waterproof mascara so watch this space as I will report back very soon.

SETTiNG SPRAY- I think setting sprays really helps in prolonging you make-up anytime of the year and even on heatwaves. The Clarins Fix' Make-Up is my favourite choice. Aside from the beautiful packaging (ahermm), this really does the job. A spritz or two will help protect your make-up to stay in place. It feels like it creates a barrier between your make-up and the environment. It also lasts ages as I have been using it almost daily but it seems to go on and on which I really love.


So these are my sweat proof make-up arsenal. What are yours?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




30 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I haven't been able to use makeup at all this summer because I got some eczema in the eye area, so all tips are helpful now that I can soon start to use it again. xx

    lifeofannas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the Kiko Longlastong Eyeshadow Stick Anna. Xx

      Delete
  2. I really love the kiko shadows sticks!

    Lauren x | www.laurenselwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tips! I am really struggling to keep my make-up on in this heatwave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the l'oreal brow artist plumper too. It just effortlessly makes my eyebrows look 'on fleek' aha. I use the urban decays all nighter setting spray which lengthens the wear time of my makeup so much xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Brow Artist Plumper made a huge difference in my brow game. Xx

      Delete
  5. I have the Clarins foundation & love it! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best foundation, isn't it? Xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos - I love the Max Factor primer, it's so good! Also love love love the Stila convertible colours, especially the shades gladiola and petunia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pop those two shades in my list as I intend to get more Stila convertible colours. Xx

      Delete
  7. I've been lucky not to have to wear makeup on the really hot days so I just go bare faced but this sounds like a fool proof routine for any days when I'll have no choice but to wear makeup. The KIKO Eyeshadow Stick are also my favourites x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you Alina! I wish I could go bareface all the time during heatwaves. Xx

      Delete
  8. I still like to wear makeup in the summer even if it's a bit less than normal but on the really hot days it can be a bit of a struggle so I've picked up some good ideas of what to use here. I like the L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper too xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my post is helpful for you beaut. Xx

      Delete
  9. I love so many of these products. I prefer to keep my base light in the Summer and set it with setting spray x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Setting spray is literally my bestfriend for the summer. Xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you for the tips! Here in Mexico I find this very useful! I normally try to wash my face by 3pm and re-apply make-up to let my skin refresh and have perfect makeup all day long.

    Natalia
    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my tips are helpful Natalia! Xx

      Delete
  11. I so needed this post - so thank you! And I do love that primer, need to add the mascara to my to buy list!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The primer is really good, isn't it? And the price is fairly reasonable. Xx

      Delete
  12. Oh you make me want to try this all out! The Clarins foundation sounds promising and the bottle looks so luxurious! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins Everlasting foundation is a must-have Jasmine. Xx

      Delete
  13. omg, I just saw that pictures and couldn't resist opening this post.. you could be awesome photographer (or maybe you are already?!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, I am not a photographer at all Violeta. I'm far from being one. Thank you for your compliments though. It means a lot to me if someone compliments my photographs. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to check out the Stila Convertible Colour - this shade looks gorgeous! I definitely agree on the KIKO shadow sticks too, they lasted me all day on holiday and it was about 100 degrees :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The convertible colour is defo worth checking Jas. Xx

      Delete
  16. It's been ages since the last time that I used The Falsies, I remember loving the formula but hating the brush. I think I'll have to give it another try, it's such a great product after all. Great tips too Ella <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really want that Clinique Chubby Stick Highlight Stick! might plan to n getting it soon :) can I ask where did you get that makeup bag from? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...