Monday 13 July 2015

PRiMERS FOR DEWY and GLOWY SKiN


I love a good dewy base all year round. With strobing coming as a new trend in the beauty world, I have to say that I think I'll be sticking to my dewy bases instead. No matter how much I love a glowy look, strobing for me is a tad too much for my personal preferences. Aside from dewy finish foundations, I mostly rely on primers to give a serious amount of glow. A highlighting primer gives a glow that seems to come out from within making it more natural.  I have several primers that does the job and I narrowed it down to five of the best in my stash. Some of these primers are new discovery and I have a long-standing love-affair with some of them.

THE DRUGSTORE PiCKS- I have two recommendations from the drugstore and boy these are amazing. The first one is Loreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer. This comes in a slim tube with rose gold pump. It is sleek and is easy to carry as it is slim and made of plastic which you won't worry about the packaging breaking. It has very small shimmers that almost disappears on the skin. The Lumi Magique Primer comes a thick liquid but blends rather easily on skin. It leaves a smooth surface so that you can apply your foundation easily and it leaves a luminous glow. You can also use this primer as a liquid highlighter. Another drugstore favourite of mine is the Soap and Glory Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw Softening Illuminator. It almost does the same job as the Lumi Magique but this has more of a golden tone to it. As it is an illuminator, it helps reflects light to reduce redness and other flaws. This gives a serious glow to the skin and I often paired it or mix it with a matte foundation to give a more dewy finish.


THE ONE WiTH THE SKiNCARE BENEFITS- A new discovery for me is The Body Shop Vitamin C Instant Glow Enhancer. This is one of the many new summer releases of the brand. It comes off as a peach-coloured liquid and don't be alarmed as the colour dissolve on the skin when applied and blended. Like any other peach-coloured primer, this counteracts skin dullness and some dark pigmentation. It has a matte finish and I find that it helps to prolong foundations. This gives a radiant complexion without any shimmers. Just pure Vitamin C goodness and brightness.

THE LONG STANDiNG FAVOURiTES- My love for glow-inducing primers started from the infamous Mac Strobe Cream. The wonderful thing about the Strobe Cream is that a little goes a long way. This is like the most potent amongst the primers mentioned in here. It is design to be use minimally. It also mixes with any heavy-looking foundation to make it more dewy. When applied as a primer, it feels like there is a serious glow from within. My all time favourite, however, is the Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base. Since this has been introduced in my life last year, it has become a permanent staple in my beauty arsenal. I have been harping about this product multiple times in my blog. It gives a radiant glow sans the shimmers. It works like magic and it always blow my mind how glow-y it leaves my skin. On good skin days, I can even use this alone as it evens out my skin and leaves a healthy glow.

What are your thoughts on glow-inducing primers?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LITTLE thing07




26 comments:

  1. I love Soap and Glory Hocus Focus, I like to mix it into my foundation to help give that dewy finish. I also love the Dior Glow Maximiser which is perfect for giving an illuminated/dewy finish to the skin xx

    Amanda - dreamingxpretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try the Dior Glow Maximiser Amanda. I am quiet hesitant as I think it gives the same finish with the Clarins Radiance Boosting one and I really love the Clarins one. Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely keen to try out the L'Oreal primer. I've heard so many great things about it! Great post (: xx

    Alana | Life, Love And Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a primer like these for a while now so this was super helpful!! I've used the Loreal one in the past and remember really loving it so should really pick it up again :)

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve been using MAC’s Strobe Cream and it works wonders! Although it is more skincare than makeup, it works really well when mixed with my base of choice.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It really gives a nice, dewy finish and it lasts ages. Xx

      Delete
  5. I have been putting off trying the Lumi Magique primer for so, so long but it sounds incredible. I definitely need to get on it! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really beautiful hun and worth getting. Xx

      Delete
  6. The MAC one sounds lovely, everyone is raving about it lately x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because of the Strobing trend that is why it is mentioned alot aside that it is really a must-have. Xx

      Delete
  7. I love anything that encourages a dewy complexion, nobody wants to walk around with a 2D face! ;)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It just look so fresh and natural. Xx

      Delete
  8. Would love to try the Lumi Magique Primer, looks so good x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does a very goid job for giving a nice glow Lucy. Xx

      Delete
  9. I'm all about a dewy finish! Love the sound of the Clarins one x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins one is so beautiful Josie. It's a staple in my collection. Xx

      Delete
  10. I could not agree with you more! Strobing is a little too much for me, although I think it looks gorgeous on girls who can pull it off. But for everyday basis, I am all about my dewy face primers :) I haven't tried the MAC one yet, but now I am interested in trying it out :)
    XO Janina
    http://janinafran.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strobing does look wonderful in others but I don't think it will suit me tbh. The Mac Strobe Cream is so worth getting hun. Xx

      Delete
  11. You did a really amazing job at photographing these products. You can't go wrong with a dewy finish it's perfect for anytime of the year in my opinion.

    Dominique of Only The Brave Blog
    www.onlythebraveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dominique! I really appreciate it. Xx

      Delete
  12. I am loving these kind of primers at the moment, especially when dewy skin & strobing is in at the moment. Lumi Magique & MAC Strobe Cream are also some of my absolute favourites. Recently though I've also been loving the latest Vitamin C one from TBS x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The TBS Vitamin C one is also really good. It gives a nice glow from within. Xx

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog Talisa and I hope you'll have a fantastic time in your holiday! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a glowy primer kind of girl, but I want to try the L'Oréal Lumi Magique one, I've heard so much about it from others bloggers and now I'm a little curious. However, I think I'll do this is the winter when my skin looks dull and dry haha :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...