Sunday 19 July 2015

SUMMER SHOE WARDROBE


Nowadays, instead of buying tons of clothes, I am now having a more minimal approach to my wardrobe. Each season, I only buy basic pieces and few (probably three the maximum) clothing that are on trend. I find that this works best for and it feels like I always have something to wear because I just mix and match things. The more clothes I have, the more I feel that I don't have anything to wear. Can you see the irony in there? I also use this approach for my shoe wardrobe. Each season, I try to stick to a pair of smart flats, a pair of sneakers, one pair of sandals for warmer months (ankle boots for colder months), and one pair of kick-ass pumps. Although I may have add a pair or two but nothing much.

SMART FLATS- For my flats, I have my trusty Tory Burch Silver Metallic Flats. A pair of Tory Burch ballet flats is a must-have for me and I go through two or three pairs in a year. (My family and Ryan knows this so my supply comes from them through gifts). This pair is actually a Christmas present last year but I haven't use them immediately as I still had one that is going strong. Another smart flats that I am hopelessly inlove and what I am wearing most is from Primark. This comes in different colours but I can't seem to find the black or grey ones anywhere I go and this purplish-bluish one is the only one I can get hold of in my size. It still looks fab for me and it is easier to pair with clothes that I thought. It has a suede effect and is really flattering and chic. Quiet a bargain I must say.

SNEAKERS- A pair of white sneakers is another must-have in my summer wardrobe. I got this pair of Fred Perry White Sneakers last summer and it is still going strong so there's really no need replacing it. As it is white, it catches dirt easily but I just throw it in for a wash and comes out clean as new. It is also very light and comfortable and pairs with almost anything in my wardrobe. It also looks really summery but warm enough when it is a bit chilly.



SANDALS- For sandals, I have a sort of granny-ish choice with the Steve Madden Ankle Strap Heeled Sandals. This adds a bit of height in my petite frame with its block heel of around 2 inches. It is very comfortable when worn even if I did a lot of walking when I was in Prague and it is remarkably sturdy. The Birkenstock Arizona Sandals is an old time favourites. I know this has a Marmite reaction but I love it to bits and it is also another sturdy pair. It is also so easy to pair with almost anything.

PUMPS- My latest pump obsession is the Jimmy Choo Allure Metallic Pumps. I love Jimmy Choo as their pumps are always comfortable and doesn't seem to chew my ankles. I got this as a present for myself when I was on holiday. I did a quick conversion and it turned up it is cheaper by a couple of pounds (I feel guilty though afterwards due to the economy and all that). As expected, this is very comfortable. It only has a short heels as high-heels and myself never get on at all. I also got it in a muted gold metallic colour which I think is fab for weddings.

So these are my summer footwear staples. What are yours?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




15 comments:

  1. Steve Madden shoes are ever so sturdy and comfortable. You pay a bit more extra than the usual prices for shoes but it is worth each penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually my first Steve Madden purchase but I definetely love it! Xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful collection of summer shoes, i love them all :)

    Leanne's Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brown sandals are so lovely!! I love brown shoes :)
    Lauren - http://apricotspot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice edit of summer shoes in here! I'm drooling over the Jimmy Choo pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beaut! The Jimmy one is gorgeous, isn't it? Xx

      Delete
  5. What a cute gif! I find myself living in my Birkenstocks come summer, so they are definitely my staples.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birkenstocks are just so comfy and easy to pair with anything. Xx

      Delete
  6. They all look lovely. I'm totally a white sneakers girl at the moment. Can't live without them! xx

    lifeofannas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they are so comfortable to wear Anna. Xx

      Delete
  7. You have a great collection of summer sandals here, particularly the tan Steve Madden flats! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh those Primark flats are amazing! And I am lusting after a pair of birks!

    Love your blog by the way!

    Georgia x

    Georgia Petite

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...