Thursday 23 July 2015

NEW IN FROM THE DRUGSTORE


Going to Boots just to get one or two things is never a good idea. I have all the good intentions of just buying Nurofen (yeah,right) but then the make-up aisles are singing a siren song luring me to explore them. 3 for 2 offers and that small blue tag indicating new products are equally as bad. I ended up walking out with make-ups and even forgot about Nurofen! That is so bad and hilarious at the same time. Anyway, enough of my waffling and I'll share with you some new things from the drugstore. Some of it maybe not that new but still relatively new.

Maybelline Waterproof False Lash Mascara- I profess my love for the nonwaterproof version of this mascara on how many times and my heart skipped a bit when I saw a waterproof version. The original formula is probably my favourite drugstore mascara so I am really keen to try the waterproof version. I try not to keep my hopes high as most waterproof versions of mascara often leave me disappointed. This, however, is brilliant. Okay, a score or two lower compared to the nonwaterproof one but this is the best waterproof mascara that I have tried. Gives brilliant volume on the lashes and holds curl. Another brilliant drugstore mascara.

Essie Summer 2015 Limited Edition Nail Polish- I am not planning on getting anymore nail polishes from the brand as what I have looks excessive for me. There are shades however form their Summer 2015 Collection that is unique in my stash. First and foremost, how beautiful is Chillato? Chillato is a pale, lime colour bordering on being pastel. I never have a similar shade of nail polish like Chillato so it immediately went to my basket. This however needs a lot of work when applied and it needs four coats to get a decent finish. The colour however is summer perfect and with Seche Vete top coat, you are good to go. Next is Peach Side Babe which is a creme peach with loads of orange-y undertones. This is quiet opaque and needs two coats. I have quiet a few orange-y nail polish but not as light as this one. This is also perfect on the toes and looks very pretty especially on sandal season or when the sun decides to come out in the UK.



Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palettes- I am no pro at contouring but I always love to find contour products that works for my complexion. The Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring Palette is an affordable option to try. There are two shades from the range which are 01 Light to Medium and 02 Medium to Dark. I chose the 01 Light to Medium which I think will suit me better. The contour shade is a bit chalky and there's loads of fall-outs but it is a good contour shade when applied. It also blends quiet well and doesn't have an orange-y undertone. The contour shade is one of the best that I have tried so far. I am not so keen on the brush and highlighter but I would purchase this palette again just for its contour shade.

Mavala Garden Party Nail Polish Collection*- I haven't actually pick this up in Boots as my local Boots has no Mavala stand and I don't know why. This is kindly sent to me by the kind people of Mavala. I have the shade Hortensia, Freesia, and Iris. The nail polishes on the collection are inspired by summer garden blooms thus the names. The nail polishes only comes at 5mls and looks really cute. All three shades are very opaque and only needs two coats maximum. Actually, a coat would suffice for me. It has a high-shine finish that looks really gorgeous. The three shades are so summer-y. With the quality of the nail polish, I think Mavala will become a fast favourite brand for nail polishes for me. The nail polish also doesn't chip easily and lasted three days without a top coat. That is quiet impressive in my part because nail polishes often chip in my nails quiet easily.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick By Kate Nude Collection- I almost cried when I reached the Rimmel stand in my local Boots as they still all shades available although there are only very few left. I want to swatch the lipsticks first as most nude polishes often wash me out. I mostly ended up looking like a slapped concealers on my lips. Out of five shades, the only shade that really suited me is 43 which is like coffee coloured nude but with pinkish undertones. It is so creamy when applied and quiet opaque. I have no issues on how I applied it and how it feels on my lips. It is very comfortable and feels light on the lips. The Rimmel Kate Nude range is a great collection and I think one will find a suitable nude lipstick from the five nude shades available.

What other new things have you tried from the drugstore?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07






28 comments:

  1. The Kate Moss for Rimmel nude lipsticks look so, so lovely! I can't wait for them to be released here in Australia. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful hun. Make sure you get some once it's released in Australia. Xx

      Delete
  2. That Kate Moss Rimmel lipstick though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just a beautiful collection Athena! Xx

      Delete
  3. I think that I'm most excited for Kate's new nude range. I loved her old range but I've been obsessed with nudes lately x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nude range is worth trying beaut! You would surely love them. Xx

      Delete
  4. I have so, SO much love for Mavala nail colours. My favourite brands on that front are Sally Hansen, Jessica Nails and Mavala, so I'll definitely take a look at this Garden Party Collection (cute name too!) :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Garden Party Collection is so beautiful Gabrielle! Xx

      Delete
  5. The Essie summer nail polish look amazing, such gorgeous shades. I also want to get my hands on the Maybelline Contour duo as the shades look like really good quality x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think i'll be checking out a few of these in the drugstore on my next shopping trip!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Heather. The drugstore has loads of amazing new releases. Xx

      Delete
  7. The waterproof mascara version of the Lash Sensational sounds wicked! Might need to give it a bash, or the original version (No, I haven't even tried the non-waterproof version!) I like the look of the Maybelline contour palettes, they look great quality for the price! And the Essie nail polishes look gorgeous! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try both version of the Lash Sensational Jasmine. Both are good mascaras. Xx

      Delete
  8. It's impossible to go into Boots and not check out the make up, especially when it's on offer! I have that Rimmel lipstick, I love it x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boots is one big place of temptation for me. Xx

      Delete
  9. I cant tell you how many time I pass this mascara and mean to buy it..I MUST get it this weekend for sure.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the Lash Sensational beaut. It's a good mascara. Xx

      Delete
  10. cant wait for us to get the new nude lipsticks and nailpolishes form Kate Moss line :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I prefer the original to the waterproof Lash Sensational too but it's still good :) I agree the contour kit has one of the best cool-toned contour shades I've come across at the drugstore xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the original too but the waterproof one is also good. Xx

      Delete
  12. I've been debating whether to buy one of the Rimmel nudes. You've sold them to me! Beautiful post, I love seeing drugstore products posts like this, as I can actually afford the products! x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love this type of post Martha and it somehow help you decide of what to buy. Xx

      Delete
  13. I loooove that Maybelline mascara, I have the waterproof formula as well and that's the only thing that I wear on a night out <3 That nude Kate lipstick is beautiful too, you always pick such nice lip colors.

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lash Sensational is such an amazing mascara and quiet affordable. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...