Thursday 2 January 2014

WHiCH iS WHiCH?

What is the difference between applying your liquid foundation by fingers, sponge, or brush? This is one question that always stuck in my mind as I started exploring the world of beauty and cosmetics. If you are as clueless as me, carry on reading and I might answer your questions. Through asking people and researching the world wide web, I managed to gain an insight to help my naivety on this matter.




FiNGERS- This is the easiest route to go when you are in a hurry. The natural heat of your skin apparently helps in blending the foundation quickly as it melts the product to your skin. This does not mean that you can apply your foundation evenly though. I haven't succeeded yet in applying an even foundation using my fingers. I always find some streaks after application. You also have to make sure that your fingers are clean before applying your foundations as we do not want bacteria on our lovely faces. Through using your fingers, you can only create a sheer coverage for your foundation.


SPONGES- Most sponges are cheap and easy to use. Sponges help you achieve a sheer to medium coverage with your foundation. They are also great tools in blending the foundation and softening the edges. What I do not like with sponges is that I do find that I use more products when using it. I felt like it absorbs so many products and few are left for my face. Sponges needs to be wash after use as well as it can harbour bacteria easily and we do not want that.

BRUSHES- Brushes, I think, is the best tool to apply foundation. It is so easy to use. There are varieties of foundation brushes available.It does not absorb so many products so you really are not wasting any of your foundations. Through brushes, you can achieve medium to high coverage according yo your preferences. It blends your foundation very well giving you a natural look. Eventhough most brushes are expensive, it lasts years if you know how to take care of it.

I hope this post helps some of you who are also boggled with this question. New year, new knowledge. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
every LiTTLE thing07

9 comments:

  1. I am enjoying using the real techniques buffing brush at the moment.
    New follower here, from the #2014BloggerChallenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the same. I love using the Real Technique's buffing brush for my liquid foundation. Xx

      Delete
    2. It leaves such a flawless finish which is amazing :D

      Delete
  2. If you use a sponge you should wet it a little with warm water. A damp sponge will get better use out of your foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Real Techniques brushes, I use the expert face brush quite a bit! Really informative post. I was actually thinking of doing a post on the one brush myself! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always used my fingers. I haven't tried sponges just yet but I can't see how it would be very good as I assume it would take up a lot of moisture. And I don't get on with brushes!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use sponge or brushes but I find that brush works best with my liquid foundation. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...