Monday 29 September 2014

CHEATiNG YOUR WAY TO A GLOWY SKiN

Best-Glow-Inducing-Primers

As Autumn is fastly approaching and Winter not far behind, my skin is starting to loose its luster and freshness. All year round, I like to have a dewy, glowy finish to my skin. During colder months it is such a pain to achieve that look as my skin just needs perking up. I, however, found some ways to achieve a glowy complexion by discovering some products in which I will share with you today. The main goal is dewy skin without looking sweaty.

My all time favourite is the Clarins Radiance Complexion Base. I use this before my foundation and it just transforms how my foundation looks. It gives a really nice, radiance complexion. It looks fresh and natural. I also use this when I have good skin days but my skin just needs an extra boost. Another favourite is Mac Strobe Cream. Mac Strobe Cream gives a more sheeny finish so I always use it in moderation. Unlike the Clarins one in which I apply before the foundation, I mix the Mac Strobe Cream with my foundation. It works better that way and helps in giving a glowy finish to my foundation. I also use this to thin out heavier coverage foundation as full coverage is not really my thing. Mac Strobe Cream can also be use as a good liquid highlighter. Another Mac product that has been my first discovery to fake a glowy skin is the Mac Skin Visage Primer. It has small shimmers in it to help reflect light. I mainly use it mostly on night outs as I am quiet wary of the shimmer although it is very subtle. Of course the drugstore has also its own fair share of glow inducing primers. My favourite from the drugstore is Soap and Glory's Hocus Focus Illuminator. It is like a dupe for Mac's Stobe Cream just with a lighter consistency. It gives a very nice glow but should be use in moderation otherwise you'll end up looking too sheeny. It also comes with a fragrance but my skin gets on well with it.

Best-Glow-Inducing-Primers-Review

So these are the products that I use to cheat my way to a glowy complexion. Do you have any favourites that you can recommend? Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

16 comments:

  1. The Hocus Focus is a permanent fixture in my daily make-up routine. It gives a very nice glow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see Mac Strobe Cream whenever I'm instore but I haven't got round buying it. I should probably give it a try the next time I pop in in Mac.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives a very nice glow-y complexion. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love MAC Strobe Cream. I've just spied the Kate Spade journal/notebook, I desperately want one! It was in my Weekend Wishlist last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate Spade Stationerys are so cute. I can't get enough of them. Xx

      Delete
  4. The only one I've used from this list is MAC strobe cream and I definitely agree a little bit goes a long way! i really want to try Clarins one, it sounds great x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins one is my favourite amongst all. It is so good without being too glow-y. Xx

      Delete
  5. I had always been a matte face lover for winter (I don't even know why?!) but this year I'm really digging luminous complexions, I'll try some drugstore alternatives before just to see if I like it :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Soap and Glory one is really good and affordable but I think it's quite difficult to get in your place. Xx

      Delete
  6. Such a good post, and I am very much in need of glowing skin at the moment! I do love Clarins though, so a fail sae product!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The Clarins one is really good. Xx

      Delete
  7. I have always been so scared of going for the glow haha, mainly because I always have a matte look but would love to try a few and see how it suits my skin! Thanks for sharing xxx




    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins one is not to glow-y Jess. You could try that one. Xx

      Delete
  8. Just started reading your blog and it is now one of my all time faves! Thank you! :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha! I hope I won't disappoint you in the future. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...