Sunday 7 September 2014

THE TRANSiTiONAL WARDROBE STAPLES


If you are living in England, you can really relate to this post. The UK as of the moment has a weather who can't decide for itself. It can be sunny in a minute and pouring down with rain the next time you peep at the window. You go out prettily dressed for the rain and in the middle of the day, the sun will be shining so brightly. I think you get the jest, dressing up is really difficult as the weather is really bonkers. I manage to somehow built up a transitional wardrobe that can be both appropriate for the unpredictable weather. A disclaimer, most are just basics and please don't expect any styling tips as I only live mostly on monochrome and greys.

Starting from top to bottom, I have an Asos Black Fedora as I am one of those annoying people who likes to wear hat most of the time. For outerwear, I have an old season Zara Blazer that fits me very nicely. I often feel like it's custom made specially for me without the hefty price tag. I also picked up a cardigan/jacket from H&M last spring and I can't stop using them. It is so light and is great for cover up when you are feeling cold. Its not so thick and it looks really smart. I have 3 staple grey jumpers from Whistles, & Other Stories, and Topshop. All three are not that thick and good for layering up when it gets seriously cold. I have three tops which are on good rotation. Two are from Asos and actually the same style just in different colours which are black and grey. How exciting my colour choices are. The other black one is from & Other Stories. The brand has really good basics. I know how boring my wardrobe palette is so to inject a bit of colour into it, I got the Zara Mustard Silk Blouse. I have two Topshop Leigh Jeans as my bottom staple, one is black and one is acid wash. I honestly live in jeans almost all year round. For the boots, I am hopelessly in love with my H by Hudson Boots. It is so gorgeous and very functional. I can't stop wearing them. On hotter days, I'm reaching for the & Other Stories Black Assymetric Ballerina Flats.


These are my transitional wardrobe staples. I'm tying to minimise my wardrobe as much as I can. Of course office clothes are not included. Layering has been my bestfriend for this unpredictable weather. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

12 comments:

  1. I normally wear just greys and blacks but last year I tried to be more adventurous, but I probably won't as much this year haha <3 love the black fedora, still haven't got round to getting one of these, I really need to as I love how they look and give your outfit a smarter look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love fedora. I started using them just these summer and I really love it. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love fedora as it makes any outfit a bit dressier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god you have gorgeous clothes, I love wearing blacks and greys and definitely unashamedly! It's best to wear what you are comfortable in, I love wearing hats, since I cut my hair short I wear a lot less but fedoras are so transitional- they are perfect for all year round xxxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have discovered that fedoras suit me sooner. It makes a difference to my outfit. Xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! I really need to think about transitioning my wardrobe!

    Ellabella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canada seems to be having the same confusion, it is boiling hot one day and freezing the next. Layering is key for me right now and I am loving a good bootie.

    Courtney La Belle Sirene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so hard to plan your outfits. Xx

      Delete
  6. I don't live in the UK but I agree with your gorgeous picks! I really need to
    go out and buy some staples haha I'm running low at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basics are really practical and easy to style especially that I'm not good with fashion. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...